Important Information: COVID19 announcement
Tonight the Prime Minister has addressed the nation. Some important points that have come out of tonight’s announcement:
- Furlough will be extended to December
- Non-essential shops to close.
- Supermarkets will remain open (and you WILL be able to buy non-essential items in supermarkets unlike in Wales).
- Bars and restaurants to close.
- Hairdressers and Gyms Closed
- Takeaways and Takeaway services can stay open.
- Single person households will be able to form a bubble with another household.
- Courts will remain open.
- Schools and Universities will remain open.
- Manufacturing and construction businesses can stay open.
- People must work from home where possible.
- International travel will also be banned, unless for work, although Brits abroad will be able to return.
- Overnight stays away from home will be permitted only for work purposes and travel within the UK, unless for work, is discouraged.
- Places of worship will stay open for private prayer but services will be banned.
- Funerals will be limited to close family only.
- Unlimited outdoor exercise with your household or one-on-one with one person from another household
- You can sit in park with your own household or one-on-one with one person from another household
- The Army has been brought in to work on logistics to help people discover if they are infectious and whether they need to self-isolate to help tackle COVID19.
These measures will come into effect for a month (4 weeks) from Thursday 5th November 2020.
My office will be publishing more information as soon as we can here on my website and on social media.
For the latest Berkshire Covid-19 information visit the Public Health Berkshire dashboard.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR INFORMATION
HOW TO PROECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay at Home guidelines
- Coronavirus Easy to Read Guide
- Staying at Home Guide
- Staying at Home what you can and cannot do
- Protecting People defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable
- Guidance for pregnancy
EMPLOYMENT & FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Universal Credit
- How to claim Universal Credit Step by Step Guide
- Employment Support Allowance
- Employers Furloughed Staff
- Financial Help for Self Employed
- Get an Isolation Note for your employer
- Your rights if your hours are cut or you’re laid off
- If you cannot pay your tax bill on time
BUSINESSES AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- How to keep employees safe
- Closing certain businesses and venues
- How to clean workplaces safely
- Statutory Sick Pay – an Employers Guide
- UK Businesses trading internationally
- What the Government is doing to support businesses
- Closing holiday accommodation to temporary residents
DRIVING AND TRANSPORT
- NHS to pilot potentially revolutionary blood test that detects more than 50 cancers
- Cold weather alert: Level 2 – alert and readiness
- Health and care heroes honoured in regional NHS Parliamentary Awards
- NHS statement on Spending Review funding announcement
- NHS urges people with mental health worries to seek help
- NHS launches 40 ‘long COVID’ clinics to tackle persistent symptoms
- More support for pregnant women and people with a learning disability with diabetes
- NHS launches renewed recruitment drive
- Hundreds of young people with eating disorders to benefit from ‘gold standard’ NHS treatment
- Top doc issues safety warning ahead of stay at home firework displays