James Sunderland encourages local schools and youth groups to sign up for UK Parliament Week.
James Sunderland said:
“I would be happy to support any school or youth group in my constituency taking part in UK Parliament Week. Contact my office if you would like me to join you Zoom or Teams call.”
Last year over 1.2 million people took part in UK Parliament Week, in every nation and region of the UK, and countries all over the world.
By taking part you’ll join a UK-wide conversation about our democracy, people power and making change happen.
When you sign up, you'll receive a free kit packed with goodies including an activity booklet, bunting, a ballot box, stickers, and more.
Common was for youth groups to celebrate UK Parliament Week are:
- Q&A sessions, quizzes and lively debates
- creating petitions and campaigning for change
- making videos and posting online
- debating issues and holding votes
- themed assemblies and school council elections
- visits from local politicians